Property tax statements - what you need to know

 Property tax statements – what you need to know
Payment options, processing, and undelivered notices

 Elbert County 2018 property tax statements, payable in 2019, were mailed to every property owner in the County at the end of January. Property owners have several options to make payments and should contact the Treasurer’s Office if a statement hasn’t been received.  

 Two Payment Options

  • Pay half in February and half in June: In order to make 50% payments, the first payment amount was due February 28, and the second half is due June 15.
  • Pay the full amount in April: A one-time full payment is due April 30.

Payment Processing
If a payment due date falls on a holiday or a day when County offices are closed, property owners have the next business day to submit payment. The Treasurer’s Office will accept postmarks on current taxes only. This means that payment will be accepted for 2018 property tax statements only – not prior year delinquent taxes. Prior year tax payments must be received by the last working day of the month, in certified funds.

 The Treasurer’s office does not automatically mail a copy of your property tax statement to your mortgage company. Mortgage companies are required to pay property taxes in half payments and they typically receive a copy of the tax files through a tax servicing company or directly from the County. If you are not sure whether your mortgage company has obtained the information, send them a copy of your statement with your next payment. 

 For your convenience, property taxes may be paid online, 24/7 by visiting

 Returned Mail

The Treasurer’s Office has received a substantial amount of undeliverable mail for insufficient mailing addresses. If you have not received your property tax statement by now, please contact the Treasurer’s Office at 303-621-3120 for assistance.

 If your mailing address changes during the year, it is very important to contact either the Elbert County Treasurer’s Office or Assessor’s Office to update your records with us. Address change forms are posted on the County’s website under the Treasurer and Assessor links at

 Failure to receive a property tax notice does not mean property taxes are waived. The Treasurer’s Office works diligently to keep records up-to-date and requests return service from the post office to obtain a new mailing address, if available. However, we need your help to ensure our records remain accurate.