Temporary County Office Closures Announced
KIOWA, CO — Due to continuing concerns regarding the coronavirus pandemic, Elbert County offices in the Samuel Elbert Building at 440 Comanche Street in Kiowa, including the Clerk & Recorder and Treasurer, are closed to the public until further notice. Citizens will not be allowed into the building, but may still contact staff by phone and email, and the building’s drive through will remain open. Visit the County's website for more information. Specifics regarding individual departments are as follows:
Department of Motor Vehicles
• Most services are available online at https://mydmv.colorado.gov, including vehicle registration, tag renewals (even when expires or in the grace month), duplicate registration or title requests, disability parking, and more.
• If you are in doubt or have any issue renewing online, call (303) 621-3123. There may be ways staff can help or ways to complete a transaction over email.
• No in-person services such as:
o Private party sales (person to person vehicle sales). Before coming in, call first to verify you have all the necessary paperwork.
o Vehicle Title name or ownership changes. Please call first to verify all necessary paperwork.
o Special Mobile Machinery (SMM) registration.
• Drive through open for renewals only; drop box available for renewals
• Recording services, such as recording a document or searching records, can be handled over the phone and by email, call (303) 621-3128.
• Limited in-person recording can be handled at the drive-through.
Please call (303) 621-3127 for assistance with registration and election-related needs.
• Please call (303) 621-3120 or 3118 for assistance.
• Tax payments can be processed online at https://www.elbertcounty-co.gov/online_services/index.php
• Tax payments can be dropped in the drop box, at the drive-through, or mailed
• For Public Trustee services, call the numbers above or email firstname.lastname@example.org