- Public Works
- Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I pull a permit?
Our permit applications can be found under the permit tab on the left. Please submit all applications via email to email@example.com
Who should I contact?
Building related questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Zoning related questions please email email@example.com
Septic related questions please call Public Health at 720-595-3620
What is our design criteria?
Where can I apply for a contractor license?
Please use the Contractor's Corner tab on the left for more information on contractor licensing.
Are there any building guides I can use for my project?
Please use the link below for building guides.
What projects are exempt from permits?
- One-story detached accessory structures(non-commercial), provided the floor area does not exceed 200 square feet
- Fences that do not exceed 7ft
- Retaining walls not over 4 ft in height, measured from the bottom of the footing to the top of the wall, unless supporting a surcharge.
- Decks not exceeding 200 square feet, that are not more than 30 inches above grade at any point, are not attached to a dwelling unit and do not serve and exit door required by Section R311.4.
- Structures that are up to 300 square feet and 90% open to weather with posts that are not set in the ground, such as chicken runs and similar enclosures.
- Water tanks supported directly on grade if the capacity is not greater than 5,000 gallons (18,925L) and the ratio of height to diameter or width is not greater than 2:1.
- Painting, papering, tiling, carpeting, cabinets, counter tops and similar finish work.
- Prefabricated swimming pools accessory to a Group R-3 occupancy that are less than 24 inches (610 mm) deep, are not greater than 5,000 gallons (18,925 L) and are installed entirely above ground.
Where can I look up building codes?
The following link allows limited access to all ICC building codes for free. ICC Code Reference
How are fees calculated?
Attached is our adopted fee schedule, for help on how to calculate estimated fees please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What is the turn around time for permits?
Current review time for building permits is 4-6 weeks from a complete submittal for all residential, accessory, and commercial projects. Simple permits may take 3-5 business days.
What are your adopted building codes and ordinances?
Resolution 23-03 Contractor Fees
Ordinance 23-01 Contractor Licensing
Ordinance 22-01 Adoption of Codes