Frequently Asked Questions
How do I pull a permit?
Our permit applications can be found under the permit tab on the left. Please submit all applications via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
What is the permitting process and how long can it take?
The permitting process and turn around can vary depending on project type. For projects requiring review (homes, barns, garages, ADUs, etc..) please see our Flow Chart for the permitting process. Projects are processed in the order they are received. Delays may occur when missing documents or if more information is needed for a project. For updates on your project or an estimate on turn around time, please email us at: email@example.com
Who should I contact?
Building related questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Zoning related questions please email email@example.com
Septic related questions please call Public Health at 720-595-3620
What is our design criteria?
Snow loads, wind speed and other design criteria can be found here: Design Table
Please note: we do not allow for reductions on our design criteria.
Where can I apply for a contractor license?
The application, requirements and other information can be found on the Contractor's Corner tab to the left.
Are there any building guides I can use for my project?
Please use the link below for building guides.
What projects are exempt from permits?
- One-story detached accessory structures(non-commercial), provided the floor area does not exceed 200 square feet and do not have any utilities.
- Fences that do not exceed 7ft
- Retaining walls not over 4 ft in height, measured from the bottom of the footing to the top of the wall, unless supporting a surcharge.
- Decks not exceeding 200 square feet, that are not more than 30 inches above grade at any point, are not attached to a dwelling unit and do not serve and exit door required by Section R311.4.
- Structures that are up to 300 square feet and 90% open to weather with posts that are not set in the ground, such as chicken runs and similar enclosures.
- Water tanks supported directly on grade if the capacity is not greater than 5,000 gallons (18,925L) and the ratio of height to diameter or width is not greater than 2:1.
- Painting, papering, tiling, carpeting, cabinets, countertops, and similar finish work.
- Prefabricated swimming pools accessory to a Group R-3 occupancy that are less than 24 inches (610 mm) deep, are not greater than 5,000 gallons (18,925 L) and are installed entirely above ground.
Where can I look up building codes?
The following link allows limited access to all ICC building codes for free. ICC Code Reference
How are fees calculated?
Attached is our adopted fee schedule, for help on how to calculate estimated fees please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org